We are starting off the new year with a bang. The month of January is quickly filling up with SOS activities. Please put these activities on your calendar and join us.
· Thursday, January 12 at 5:30 pm – School Advisory Council (SAC) meeting at E.M. Stanton School (on the 2nd Floor). Purpose of the meeting is for parents, teachers, students and community members to share and brainstorm ideas to help E.M. Stanton School.
· Tuesday, January 17 at 6 pm – SRC meeting at the School District of Philadelphia – 440 N. Broad – 2nd Floor.
· Wednesday, January 18 – Deadline to register to speak at the Jan. 19 School Reform Commission (SRC) meeting. Please call James Wright at (215) 796-3222 if you are interested in speaking on behalf of Stanton.
· Wednesday, January 18 at 6 pm – Facilities Master Plan community meeting at South Philadelphia High School (Broad & Snyder). School District officials will specify the reasons Stanton was recommended for closure and will answer questions/respond to comments from the audience.
· Thursday, January 19 at 5:30 – SRC meeting at the School District – 440 N. Broad – 2nd Floor. Some supporters will be testifying on our behalf.
The greater our numbers at these public events, the greater our power. Please support us by staying informed and being present.
Supporters of Stanton